You can add additional columns or rows to a table - just in case you need to make a last-minute addition.
To insert additional columns or rows into a table:
1) Place the cursor in the table in a cell that is next to where you want to insert the column or row.
2) Click Table on the Menu bar and select Insert, then Row or Columns. The Insert Rows or Columns dialog box appears.
3) To add a row, click Rows, and then click Above selection or Below selection. To add a column, click Column, and then click Left of Selection or Right of Selection.
4) Click the Number of rows / columns spin controls to enter the number of rows or columns you want to add.
5) Click OK on the Insert Rows or Columns dialog box.