has divided adult content into four categories: Language, Nudity,
Sex, and Violence. These categories were created by the Recreational
Software Advisory council, a non-profit group based in Washington,
D.C. You can choose where to draw the line in each of these categories.
example, within the Language category, you can choose to restrict
access to the following levels:
- Level 0 - Inoffensive slang
- Level 1 - Mild expletives
- Level 2 - Moderate expletives
- Level 3 - Obscene gestures
- Level 4 - Explicit or crude language
adjust Content Advisor Levels for the first time:
With the Content Advisor dialog box open, click one of the categories
in the list.
2) Drag the slider to set the limits you want.
Repeat the above two steps for each category you want to limit,
and then click OK in the Content Advisor dialog box. When you
first use Content Advisor, you are prompted to create a Password
in the Create Supervisor Password dialog box.
4) Type a password into the Create Supervisor Password
dialog box. You need to do this twice: first into the Password
text box and then into the Confirm Password text box.
Click OK on the Create Supervisor Password dialog box.
6) Click OK on the Internet Properties dialog box.
Forgetting a password is a lot more common than you may think! It's
a good idea to write down your password and keep it in a secret
place - just in case.